This restorative yoga pose focuses on releasing tight adductors (the inner thigh muscle group including the Gracilis).
Folded Blanket, Bolster
1) Start by sitting on the folded blanket placing the pelvis into anterior rotation and engaging a neutral spine.
2) Abduct the legs forming a wide-angle and see that the kneecaps are pointed up to the sky.
3) Position the bolster between your legs extending away from the body and on an exhale lay your torso onto the support.
4) Hold this pose for 2-3 minutes and use your arms to slowly push you back up to sitting, remove the bolster and fold one leg in at a time to come out of the pose.
* You may wish to bend the knees slightly if tightness prevents you from relaxing onto the bolster. For added support, place rolled blankets under the knees and maintain safe alignment by pointing the kneecaps towards the sky.
Observe the breath and body as you maintain this supported position. Allow yourself to sink further down onto the pose with each exhale releasing mental and physical resistance.
With low back injury increase the height of the support and maintain neutral spine throughout the pose. Avoid over-flexing especially the low back.