This pose is especially beneficial at the end of a practice to restore and rebalance the nervous system. The internal organs benefit as well as blood
2 Bolsters or Large Pillows
1) Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent. Place a bolster or pillow to either side of you.
2) Roll to one side and allow the entire length of your spine be supported from the bolster behind you as you ¼ turn back onto the support.
3) Hug the other bolster placing it between your knees and drawing it close the chest.
4) After 1 minute in this position allow the shoulders to come to the floor and open the heart center by extending the arms in a “T” position to the sides. The palms face upwards and the head turns away from the knees to twist the spine.
5) Stay in this position for 3-5 minutes breathing into the twist and releasing any areas of tension.
6) Return to center pausing briefly before entering into the pose on the opposite side following steps 1-5.
As an alternative to this pose, try Side-Lying Savasana with a Twist.