The pose is a gentle supported twist that relaxes and nourishes the nervous system. It helps to reduce anxiety and promote well-being.
1) Begin in a side-lying position with the first pillow behind your back running parallel with the spine.
2) Place the second pillow between the legs.
3) Gently roll backward onto the first pillow and allow your arms to open up to the sides, palms facing upwards or as comfortable.
4) Allow the head and neck to rotate with the lower spine in the direction of the first pillow, gaze is soft or eyes may be closed (treat yourself to an eye pillow for deeper relxation).
5) Release any muscles that are tense including any facial muscles, tongue, eyes that might hold be holding tension.
6) Relax in this position for 5-15 minutes allowing for equal time on the opposite side.
* Depending on your neck, you may want to place a thin pillow or towel roll under your head and neck for comfort. Avoid thick pillows under the neck as they tend to overly flex the spine out of alignment.
Breathe into the twist imagining that you are rinsing the spine free of toxins and allowing the body to heal and restore with every breath you take.