May offer relief from upper and lower back pain including herniated discs. May help to reduce tension and anxiety. Also known as a helpful pose for treating asthma as it allows chest/lung expansion.
1) Relax on your belly with your arms folded on the mat above your head.
2) Rest your chin onto your palms and elbows onto the mat.
3) Release any tension held in the legs or spine.
4) Observe sensations of the lower back and neck. Adjust the position of the elbows to minimize tension.
5) Hold this pose for several minutes before transitioning to the next pose.
Breath is deep and slow, calm and steady.