Baddha Konasana, Supported Bound Angle Pose
Savasana, Supported Corpes Pose
Supta Virasana, Supported Reclining Hero’s Pose
, Supported Hand to Big Toe pose
Advasana, Prone or Reverse Corpse Pose
Jyestikasana, Superior Pose
Makarasana, Crocodile Pose
Ardha Padmasana, Half Lotus Pose
Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose
Read more on Classic Restorative
Viparita Karani, Legs-up-the-Wall Pose
Setu Bandhasana, Supported Bridge Pose
Uttana Shishosana, Supported Puppy Pose
Legs on a Chair Pose
Read more on Inversions
This pose helps to stretch the hamstrings, groins, and calves. It may help reduce back pain and sciatica. Some reports claim benefits in reducing high blood pressure and improving fertility with practice of this pose.
Towel Roll, Wall, Block, Strap
1) Place your mat perpendicular to the wall. Sit down onto the mat with the legs [...]
Read more on Supported Hand to Big Toe Pose, Salamba Supta Pandagusthasana
Excellent pose to stretch shoulders and spine. Opens chest and allows for deeply relaxing breaths.
Blanket, Pillow, Bolster
1) Begin on all fours in Table Top position. Adjust the shoulders directly above the wrists and the hips just above the knees. Place a pillow or bolster over both calves up against the flexed knee joints.
2) Walk the [...]
Read more on Uttana Shishosana, Supported Puppy Pose
This pose helps to calm the brain and ease sciatica and menstrual pain. Ease of childbirth has been reported with consistent practice throughout pregnancy.
1) Start in Dandasana with your back straight and your legs extended.
2) Bend your left knee and position your left foot on top of your right thigh with the left [...]
Read more on Ardha Padmasana, Half Lotus Pose
May offer relief from upper and lower back pain including herniated discs. May help to reduce tension and anxiety. Also known as a helpful pose for treating asthma as it allows chest/lung expansion.
1) Relax on your belly with your arms folded on the mat above your head.
2) Rest your chin onto your palms and [...]
Read more on Crocodile Pose, Makarasana
May offer relief from upper and lower back pain including herniated discs.
Yoga Mat, Small Towel Roll
1) Lie prone with the forehead resting onto the floor or tightly rolled towel roll depending on comfort.
2) Interlock hands or place left over right on the back of the head, palms down.
3) Relax your elbows onto the floor.
4) Hold [...]
Read more on Jyestikasana, Superior Pose
May help relieve lower and upper back pain including slipped discs. May assist in digestion.
Towel Roll or Two Pillows
1) Lie on your stomach with your forehead resting onto the towel roll or pillows positioned in a V shape so that there is room to breath without crunching or over-stretching the neck.
2) Stretch both [...]
Read more on Advasana, Reverse Corpse Pose
This pose is a modification of Virasana. It provides a supported stretch to the abdomen, thighs, and deep hip flexors. It also improves digestion and helps to relieve menstrual pain.
Block, Bolster, Towel Roll
1) Begin by sitting onto a block (positioned to the low or middle setting) with a bolster positioned behind the spine. Your [...]
Read more on Salamba Supta Virasana, Supported Reclining Hero’s Pose
This pose helps to stimulate relaxation and digestion while reducing backache, sciatica, and menstrual discomfort. It offers a deep stretch to the hips, thighs, hamstrings, groins, and calves. Also, it has reported therapeutic benefit for high blood pressure, flat feet, and infertility.
Strap, Block, Folded Blanket
1) Position your mat with the end flush to a [...]
Read more on Supta Padangusthasana